- Follow Keeping Agile™ with Brian Lucas on WordPress.com
- Gordon on Is Agile a Return to Common Sense?
- Maureen on The Era of Agile Management Has Finally Arrived
- Gregory Goldman, PhD on So what is Agile?
- A.Uhule on A Natural Agilist Practices What She Preaches
- Henley-R on Sailing in an Agile Ship with Vision and Knowledge to Guide You
- Lester Grube on Why CEOs Fail in Today’s Agile Business Environment
- Isarapon Sin on STOP THE INSANITY OF DOGMATIC THINKING IN AGILE!!!
- Miriam Jacobson on Can Management Pride Prevent An Agile Survival?
- JennyG on The Night of the Deadly Micromanager
- Cherry2000 on STOP THE INSANITY OF DOGMATIC THINKING IN AGILE!!!
Monthly Archives: June 2012
I love a tongue in cheek satire especially about dogmatically held beliefs. Here is a great one by Scott Ambler. It could readily be applied to those who believe in creating copious amounts of documentation and following a waterfall process instead … Continue reading
By Brian Lucas “It is better to err on the side of daring than the side of caution.” –Alvin Toffler The other day I heard a manager state that he was “a middle of the road kind of guy.” At … Continue reading
By Brian Lucas “The radical of one century is the conservative of the next. The radical invents the views. When he has worn them out, the conservative adopts them.” -Mark Twain The Leader’s Guide to Radical Management by Stephen Denning … Continue reading
By Brian Lucas I created this simple graphic to demonstrate what the generic concept behind agile is. What are your favorite agile diagrams?
By Brian Lucas Time-to-market savings realized by agile methods comes from many different aspects of agile’s natural mechanisms and flows. Most of these have a combined effect that contributes even greater economies. To begin with let us look at two … Continue reading
By Brian Lucas “It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.” – Charles Darwin CEOs have always come in all flavors … Continue reading
By Brian Lucas “Ideas are like rabbits. You get a couple and learn how to handle them, and pretty soon you have a dozen.” -John Steinbeck A glimpse of life in an agile business versus a non-agile enterprise. At the … Continue reading
By Brian Lucas “Without continual growth and progress, such words as improvement, achievement, and success have no meaning.” – Benjamin Franklin If you look at the history of people and progress, you’ll see three types of people: those who are … Continue reading
By Brian Lucas “A new idea is first condemned as ridiculous and then dismissed as trivial, until finally, it becomes what everybody knows.” William James (1842-1910) American philosopher and psychologist. The Case Against Agile: Ten Perennial Management Objections, which was … Continue reading